Spend £50 for Free UK Delivery
Ready to Despatch Today Or Click & Collect in 15 Mins
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: SS1456
- Brand: Charles Owen
This specially formulated spray breaks up dirt and grease, effectively removing sweat, sunscreen, makeup and dust to ensure your helmet remains clean and fresh over the course of its lifetime.
Keeping a riding helmet fresh through regular cleaning will prevent odours and mould developing inside the headband, and ultimately prolong the life of your helmet. Helmets are fragile and need special care. It’s really important to use cleaning products that are specially formulated for use inside a riding helmet. Never dry clean your helmet, expose it to harsh solvents, or put it in a washing machine!
6 easy steps to clean a riding helmet
Follow these easy steps to effectively clean and care for your helmet:
- Spray the Helmet Cleaner onto the helmet headband
- Allow the helmet to sit for two to three minutes. This is important because it gives the cleaner time to work
- Take a damp cloth and gently work the cleaner into the headband in a circular motion. Use the minimum amount of water so that the helmet liner isn’t fully soaked and will be able to dry quickly
- Repeat until all the dirt from the headband has transferred to the cloth
- To clean the outside of your helmet, use a soft brush or cloth and water to gently wipe away any dried mud or dirt.
- After you’ve cleaned your helmet, leave it out to dry completely. Never leave it in front of a radiator or open fire
- Finally, spray the Helmet Deodoriser to kill any bacteria and leave a fresh citrus fragrance. Click Here For information on hat deodorizer.
Charles Owen, Have been producing riding hats and promoting safety hat standards for four generations.
To own a Charles Owen helmet is to own not only a part of equestrian history, but its future.
World famous for raising the bar in safety, Charles Owen is a leading British manufacturer of riding helmets with a history dating back over 110 years.
When Charles Owen himself founded the company in 1911, his mission was to make products ‘for a safer world’.
The company has remained within the same family for four generations, today under the direction of founder Charles Owen’s great-grandson.
A brief history
The early days revolved around manufacturing military helmets for the British Army. The company transitioned into the equestrian market 17 years later with racing helmets for jockeys and quickly established itself as the gold standard for safety.
Charles Owen was involved in creating the very first equestrian helmet safety standard, and in 1983 the company created the first dual-standard riding helmet in answer to Pony Club’s demand for safer riding gear.
One year later, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II awarded Charles Owen the Royal Warrant as protective headgear supplier to the Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace.
From the first patent granted in 1924 to improve ventilation and fit through the Microfit system found in all Charles Owen helmets today, the company has always prioritised correct and comfortable fit.
Today the company name is deeply ingrained within the global equestrian industry as a trusted brand known for safety, quality and prestige fashion.