Click and Collect Only
This is a special order item delivered to store only
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: SS1781
- Brand: Dengie
Healthy Hooves Molasses Free
A nutritionally-balanced, low-sugar and starch feed for promoting healthy hooves. Ideal for those prone to laminitis.
Key Features Healthy Hooves Molasses Free.
- A blend of soft oat straw with chopped and pelleted nutrient-rich alfalfa
- Contains no added sugar (2.5%) and low in starch (1.5%)
- Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is low in calories, providing 8.5MJ/kg of Digestible Energy
- A light rapeseed oil coating provides slow-release energy and coat shine
- Includes garlic to tempt fussy horses and ponies
- Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is packed with B vitamins including biotin at levels that research has shown to improve hoof quality
- Ideal for horses in light work, good do-ers and laminitis prone horses
- When fed at the recommend rate (500g per 100kg bodyweight) Healthy Hooves Molasses Free will provide your horse with a balanced diet
Proven nutrients for healthy hooves
Several studies have been conducted into how much biotin a horse requires. A study published in the Equine Vet Journal (1992), found that greater growth rates and hardness of hooves was achieved at a daily feeding rate of 15mg of biotin than at 7.5mg in horses’ diets. The level of biotin included in Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free has been formulated accordingly and thus when fed at the recommended rates will provide a 500kg horse with 15mg of biotin per day.
Research published in the Vet Record (1987) demonstrated that alfalfa increases the quality and quantity of horn growth which was attributed to the highly available calcium and essential amino acids found naturally in alfalfa.
Oat straw, alfalfa pellets, dried alfalfa, rape seed oil, garlic, vitamin and mineral premix.
Founded in 1968 as a farmer’s cooperative, Dengie is still run today with the same ethos of supporting the local farming community. We grow as many of our own ingredients as possible which keeps our ‘feed miles’ low and provides the best traceability possible – every bag of our horse feed can be traced back to the field it was grown in.