Spend £100 for Free UK Delivery
Delivery time approx. 2-3 working days
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: EQ18927
- Brand: LeMieux
Lemieux ProIce Boots are sold as a pair of ProIce Boots with a pair of ProIce Inserts. ProIce boots provide targeted cold ice therapy for tendons and joints use as regular maintenance and management or as part of injury recovery and rehabilitation. Cold Therapy is often used to reduce inflammation, by decreasing the blood flow to a strained area, thus slows metabolism of the tissue surrounding the strained area, helping to minimise any further damage and, as a result, speed healing.
More Severe tendon injuries With more severe superficial Digital Flexor Tendon injuries and where hyperextension of the fetlock has occurred ice therapy is required to cause vasoconstriction (constriction of blood vessels), reduce proteolytic enzymatic activity, decrease the influx of inflammatory mediators and toxins and provide pain relief.
Featuring a unique Hypofreze Gel which is retained in strategically placed pockets to avoid slumping within the boot. The Gel remains soft and contours to lower limb ensuring maximum surface contact with skin. Also featuring a soft mesh lining protects skin from freeze burn, whilst allowing maximum transfer of cold.
ProIce boots should be applied in 20min sessions 4 or more times a day. The sooner they can be applied in these cases the better. The initial stages of injury are critical. The continued use of regular ice therapy as part of a controlled exercise programme is essential to recovery and will speed up the process of rehabilitation.
Instructions for Use
- Place boots or inserts in freezer for minimum 4-6hrs or overnight prior to application.
- Use in short 20-30min sessions/ multiple times daily in severe cases.
- Place securely on leg with 'joint cup' under back of fetlock.
- Ensure straps are firmly closed, but not over tight.
- Pro Ice boots provide targeted cold ice therapy for tendons & joints
- Use as regular maintenance & management or as part of injury recovery
- Unique Hypofreeze Gel remains soft & conforms to leg whilst outer foil layer contains maximum cold.
LeMieux Usage and Care Instructions
- Regular use of ProIce boots for short periods (20-30mins) after intense exercise can prevent small injuries developing and ensure ligaments, tendons & joints remain tight and free of oedema.
- The sooner temperatures of tendons can be reduced after work the better.
- This can apply to high-intensity dressage as well as galloping, jumping & x-country. Use of ProIce boots can prevent the onset of localised swelling, heat & pain resulting in possible unsoundness.
- Best theraputic effect is gained after multiple 20-30 minute sessions.
- Let boots dry out prior to storage