Spend £100 for Free UK Delivery
Delivery time approx. 3-4 working days
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: EQ19863
- Brand: Woof Wear
Woof Wear Kevlar Exercise Boot is an extremely lightweight exercise boot manufactured to be incredibly protective and durable. Using 8mm neoprene with a Kevlar outer. Especially suited to the racing industry, the use of Kevlar enables the boot to wrap around the leg while still offering very high levels of impact and abrasion protection. It is suitable for day to day exercise, fast work, schooling and on the track.
Kevlar® brand fibre is an innovative technology from DuPont that combines high strength with light weight to help dramatically improve the performance of a variety of consumer and industrial products.
Groundbreaking research by DuPont scientists in the field of liquid crystalline polymer solutions in 1965 formed the basis for the commercial preparation of the Kevlar® aramid fiber. Lightweight and flexible, Kevlar® has evolved over four decades of innovation to do everything from helping make safer homes and vehicles to helping land spacecraft on Mars. If it needs to be light, strong, or safe, it needs to be Kevlar®.
Kevlar® is typically spun into ropes or fabric sheets that can be used as such or as an ingredient in composite material components.
Currently, Kevlar® has many applications, ranging from bicycle tires and racing sails to body armor because of its high tensile strength-to-weight ratio—famously: "...5 times stronger than steel on an equal weight basis..." When used as a woven material, it is suitable for mooring lines and other underwater applications.
Kevlar® is a well-known component of personal armor such as combat helmets, Ballistic face masks, and Ballistic vests. These amazing attributes could not be ignored by Woof Wear who saw its huge potential as a material for horse boots. Woof Wear have utilised Kevlar® in some of their brushing and overreach boots. These boots have amazing strength and are tremendously tough providing invaluable protection to your horse's legs whilst still being light and flexible.
- 8 mm neoprene with nylon jersey lining for comfort
- Durable Kevlar® outer to resist abrasion
- Ergonomic design to ensure a good fit
- Light and flexible even when wet – does not retain water
- Wide, high-density double lock straps for secure fit.
1. Position the boot with the straps on the outside of the leg so that the WW logo is on the bottom strap.
2. The neoprene that comes around the back of the leg should overlap the neoprene that wraps around from the front.
3. Fasten the main straps from the front of the boot towards the back of the horse.
4. Secure the straps by fastening the over-straps towards the front of the horse.
- Close all straps prior to washing
- Machine wash max 30°C, gentle spin
- DO NOT tumble dry
- DO NOT leave boots in strong sunlight
In 1981, Louise Woof pioneered the 'Woof Boot' - the first brushing boot to be made from neoprene. This was a major innovation compared with the traditional leather boots at the time as it meant that horses could be protected with boots that were light, durable and easy to care for. For more than thirty years now Woof Wear has been at the forefront of equestrian protection and their products are being valued equally by leisure riders, professionals and even the Police Forces across the UK. Not least they are very proud to be the producer of the UK's best selling general-purpose brushing boot!