Spend £100 for Free UK Delivery
Delivery time approx. 3-4 working days
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: EQ19981
- Brand: Woof Wear
Woof Wear Mud Fever Boot, does your horse suffer from mud fever? If yes this is the boot for you and your horse or pony! These are very breathable boots which seal the leg from the knee to the base of the heel to prevent mud getting onto your horse’s legs, enabling freedom of turnout whatever the British weather throws at us.
Properties include a waterproof and breathable fabric around the cannon bone to prevent overheating and a close-fitting hoof capsule with Kevlar reinforced heel protection, these innovative boots will keep legs clean and dry. A shaped PU strike pad also offers brushing protection for your horse’s legs.
When dealing with mud fever you should never scratch the scabs, this can lead to further infection. Use a mild anti-bacterial shampoo for cleansing and then ensure the leg is as dry as possible before applying any appropriate creams for healing overnight. Clean your grooming brushes regularly as they can harbour bacteria if not kept clean. Don’t use dirty horse boots it can cause unnecessary and entirely avoidable rubs. Don’t share horse boots; this is to help prevent the spread of any bacteria or other nasties. Wash your own hands after cleaning any mud fever infected area, we recommend using gloves where possible.
Technology Submarine Hoof Capsule
Most turnout boots end above the bulbs of the heel allowing mud to easily seep up the leg. The Submarine hoof capsule is articulated and ‘dives deep’ underneath the bulbs of the heel to prevent the boot riding upwards preventing mud ingress. However is incredibly flexible to allow free range of movement.
The loose fitting waterproof and breathable fabric allows air to circulate the leg creating a micro-climate which prevents the warm, damp conditions mud fever loves.
- Fully breathable boot designed to encourage cool air to circulate
- Creates a protective barrier from below the knee
- Abrasion-resistant Kevlar® to protect the delicate bulbs of the heels
- Suitable for front and hind legs
- Open boot completely
- Put it around the leg and do up the top strap securely ensuring the vertical hook and loop section is located down the front of the leg
- Adjust the neoprene around the hoof to ensure the bulbs of the heel are covered. Pull tightly and overlap the hook and loop on the neoprene. When satisfied with the fit, smooth over the top securing straps. Then close the hook and loop strip down the front of the cannon bone
- Lastly, adjust the middle strap so that the material is gathered neatly but not tight against the leg. The purpose of this strap is to hold the excess material close to the leg, it is not a support strap for the boot.
NOTE: It is important that the neoprene around the hoof overlaps fully so the hook and loop fixture is locked in place over a large surface area. If this is not the case we recommend going up a size. are
- Close all straps prior to washing
- Machine wash max 30°C in non bio
- DO NOT tumble dry
- DO NOT leave boots in strong sunlight
In 1981, Louise Woof pioneered the 'Woof Boot' - the first brushing boot to be made from neoprene. This was a major innovation compared with the traditional leather boots at the time as it meant that horses could be protected with boots that were light, durable and easy to care for. For more than thirty years now Woof Wear has been at the forefront of equestrian protection and their products are being valued equally by leisure riders, professionals and even the Police Forces across the UK. Not least they are very proud to be the producer of the UK's best selling general-purpose brushing boot!