Spend £50 for Free UK Delivery
Delivery time approx. 3-4 working days
30 Day Quibble-Free Returns
- Product Code: EQ20202
- Brand: Woof Wear
Woof Wear Tail Guard not only protects your horses tail while travelling but is comfortable. Tail guards offer protection for horses that tend to rub and lean on the tails when in a trailer or horsebox against hair rubbing out or creating sores on the dock.
Tail guards are regularly used in conjunction with a tail bandage or for those tricky horses who do not like tail bandages; they can be used alone. Being very quick and easy to use.
Designed and manufactured from soft, flexible neoprene and produced to protect from the top of the tail right to the end of the dock, this tail guard provides a good fit without sagging while at the same time being comfortable for the horse.
- 4mm closed cell neoprene
- Ergonomic design for easy positioning and fit
- Plush outer finish for unlimited strap adjustment and a secure fit
- 4 adjustable touch & close straps
- Undo the hook and loop fastening and open the tail guard flat. You may find it easier to fold the straps back on themselves and secure them to the plush material so they do not cause interference whilst fitting.
- Place the tail guard on the tail with the shaped section uppermost (to protect the top of the tail). If you place it a touch too high then slide it down the tail you will ensure the tail hair remains flat
- Lift the horse’s tail and wrap the rest of the guard around under the dock
- Secure the hook and loop fastenings
- Close all straps prior to washing
- Machine wash max 30°C, gentle spin
- DO NOT tumble dry
- DO NOT leave in strong sunlight
In 1981, Louise Woof pioneered the 'Woof Boot' - the first brushing boot to be made from neoprene. This was a major innovation compared with the traditional leather boots at the time as it meant that horses could be protected with boots that were light, durable and easy to care for. For more than thirty years now Woof Wear has been at the forefront of equestrian protection and their products are being valued equally by leisure riders, professionals and even the Police Forces across the UK. Not least they are very proud to be the producer of the UK's best selling general-purpose brushing boot!